The terms and conditions set out below form the basis on which 1$ Champions may carry out fundraising activities for the benefit of 1$Day. These terms and conditions are designed to protect you, the public and 1$Day from unnecessary risk and need to be followed when acting as a 1$ Champion. Please ensure that you and all those involved with your 1$Day Event read these terms and conditions before your 1$Day Event.
In these terms and conditions:
1$Day means 1$Day Limited (ACN 145 066 235);
1$ Champion means an individual or entity carrying out, or proposing to carry out, a 1$Day Event to raise funds for 1$Day; and
1$Day Event means an event or activity with the purpose of raising funds for 1$Day.
Coin Collection Guidelines means the coin collection guidelines for 1$ Champions that will be provided to all 1$ Champions.
- Under state laws around Australia anyone raising funds for a charitable purpose on behalf of an organisation must be authorised in writing to do so by that organisation. Consequently, you must not undertake fundraising activities on behalf of 1$Day unless you have registered with us via our website www.1dollarday.org and have received an email or other written correspondence authorising you to undertake fundraising activities on behalf of 1$Day.
- 1$Day may retract the authorisation previously given to a 1$ Champion without providing reasons for doing so.
- 1$ Champions must comply with the provisions of all applicable laws in acting as 1$ Champions.
Requirements for individual 1$ Champions
- Any 1$ Champion who is a person or part of a group of people carrying on a 1$Day Event must be over the age of 18 or under the supervision of a person over the age of 18 years.
- If a 1$ Champion is under the age of 18 years, the 1$ Champion must obtain permission from their legal guardian prior to carrying on a 1$Day Event. 1$Champions cannot be under the age of 8 years under any circumstances.
- The legal guardian or an authorised 1$ Champion over the age of 18 years must ensure that the physical and emotional well-being of underage 1$ Champions is not put at risk during any 1$Day Event.
- The collection confirmation sheet referred to in the Coin Collection Guidelines, must be completed to record the amount of money raised at every 1$Day Event. This form must be completed by the 1$ Champion and forwarded to 1$Day as soon as reasonably possible and in any case within 7 days of the 1$Day Event taking place.
- Any costs incurred by the 1$ Champion in carrying on a 1$Day Event must be borne by the 1$ Champion. 1$Day will not be liable for any costs so incurred.
- All amounts raised at a 1$Day Event must be deposited directly into the bank account nominated by 1$Day in the Coin Collection Guidelines. The funds raised must be deposited into this account as soon as reasonably possible and in any case within 7 days of the 1$Day Event taking place.
Tax Deductible Donations
- Donations of $1 are not tax deductible, although donations over $2 are. If a person or organisation gives more than $2 directly to 1$Day, 1$Day can provide a receipt. If you are a 1$ Champion collecting on behalf of your community we cannot offer you a tax receipt and you cannot claim the benefit for the group collection. 1$ Champions will not be permitted to give receipts for any donations that they collect.
Name and Logo
- 1$ Champions can only use the name and/or logo of 1$Day in ways which are consistent with the values, image and purpose of 1$Day . If 1$Day asks a 1$ Champions to cease using its name and/or logo, the 1$ Champion must do so immediately.
- Any material to be released to the media for the purpose of promoting a 1$Day Event must be approved in advance by 1$Day, unless if it comes from the website of 1$Day (www.1dollarday.org) or is part of the ’1$ Champions Toolkit’ which 1$ Champions will be provided with.
Liability and Insurance
- As 1$Day is not the organiser of your 1$Day Event, 1$Day is not able to cover any liability on your behalf. The 1$ Champion agrees to release 1$Day to the fullest extent permitted under law for all claims and demands of any kind in any way associated with the 1$Day Event, except where such liability arises because of the negligence of 1$Day or its employees or agents.
- 1$Day will not provide public liability insurance for any collection or event which the 1$ Champion carries out. Therefore, you must ensure that any venue used for 1$day events has sufficient public liability insurance.
- 1$Day will provide the 1$ Champion with the ’1$ Champions Toolkit’, associated guidance for fulfilling the role of 1$ Champion and any other form of support it considers appropriate and is able to provide. It will not, however, be required to provide any particular form of assistance.
- 1$Day may impose further conditions on the 1$ Champion if it considers this appropriate and will communicate any such conditions by email or other written communication. The 1$ Champion must ensure that anyone involved with a 1$Day Event is made aware of those further conditions as soon as possible after being informed of them by 1$Day.
For further information please contact 1$Day Limited at firstname.lastname@example.org.